Friday, August 30, 2013

Time for faith

The thing I love about mixed media is: anything goes, it is just pouring your thoughts and emotions onto a page or canvass or anything that will stay still long enough to paint it!

I used several techniques on this project. To start I stamped with black Archival Ink on tissue paper. After ink was dry, I tore it randomly. I coated my page with Mod Podge and crinkled the stamped tissue all over to form the background.

Once background is dry, then the fun of layering different textures begins. I used mesh and the Crafter's Workshop Clock template,  smeared modeling paste into it. Spayed "smooch" in green, glimmer mist in purple and green, threw in a little wire mesh, a key, a flur de les metal sticker, and "faith" painted black.

The die cut butterfly is canvass and I sprayed it to, add a bead for it's body and wire for the antennas.

The bouquet of paper flowers are accented with glimmer mist and rhinestones, sticks from the yard, tulle heated to melt a little, and fibers.

To finish off the project rhinestones were added to the bottom corner, painted the 5 & 7, outlined the whole project with black paint. Added some doodles, circles, and some metallic rub-on paste. 










No comments:

Post a Comment